I would like to share my experience of Advance rental plans for internet dongles.
We have been using many internet dongles from different service providers.
In 2013, to avoid monthly rental payment hassles, I planned to go for advance rental plan for over a dozen new internet dongles.
We shortlisted a vendor and procured over a dozen internet dongles and paid all costs for the entire year.
Now after more than 8 months of the deal, here are few points:
* We paid advance amount for these connections, however, due to mistake on part of the service provider, we struggled to get the invoice for 4 months.
* The response to these have been mixed. Some users are impressed by the speed while for others it was a disaster.
* About four months back, We lost 2 dongles. Though, the service provider disabled those connections promptly, we are yet to receive the replacements.
My biggest grouse is the total lack of professionalism by the customer relationship manager. There is no response to our phones and emails.
What I have learned ?
* Never pay costs for the entire year in advance.
* Never buy dongles from the service providers, instead buy operator-free dongles and then get post paid connections. The benefit – if the user is not getting good speed in their area, they can use another sim. No long term commitments.
Will I renew these connections ? Never.
What are your views ?